Overview of Altair Virtual Wind Tunnel 2019.0 for Altair Acusolve Benefits
Altair’s HyperWorks Virtual Wind Tunnel is a vertical application tailored for external aerodynamic studies. Designed with the users’ needs in mind, the graphical user interface provides easy access to problem definition and solution strategies. The automated and customizable report generation after each simulation run provides a consistent method for design evaluation. HyperWorks Virtual Wind Tunnel integrates smoothly with other Altair products.
Architected for parallel execution on shared and distributed-memory computer systems, using a hybrid parallelization technique, AcuSolve provides fast and efficient transient and steady-state solutions for unstructured grids, and it is capable of scaling over a large number of computing cores.
The setup process is highly automated, with a minimum number of parameters, and without compromising the solution quality. Additional controls over the various parameters are provided in the user environment. The simulation can be easily submitted to high-performance computing systems to expedite memory and compute-intensive tasks such as volume meshing, solving and post-processing.
Overview of Altair Virtual Wind Tunnel 2019.0 for Altair Acusolve Features
- Accurate, Robust and Scalable CFD Solver
- Advanced Meshing
- Highly Automated and Streamlined Workflow Process
- Advanced CFD post-processing may be performed for the most complex and large CFD data visualization, interactively or via batch processing mode
- A report containing problem setup, mesh statistics and results is generated automatically after completion of the simulation
- AcuSolve’s fluid structure interaction (FSI) capabilities are included in VWT to support studies of flexible components in an external flow field.
Technical Details and System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 /Windows 7 SP1 (x64)
- Processor: Multi core Intel Series or above, Xeon or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 4GB (8GB or more recommended)