Overview of CAMWorks for Solid Edge 2020 Benefits
Knowledge-based machining allows you to capture and reuse your programmers’ and machinists’ best programming practices using the Technology Database, TechDB reducing programming time by as much as 80%. What differentiates CAMWorks from other software is the ability to store machining strategies feature-by-feature, both multi-surface features and prismatic features, and then reuse these strategies to reduce machining time significantly.
Feature-based machining reduces programming time by as much as 90% compared to traditional profiles, and chains based 3 axis CAM software because strategies for multi-surface features can be stored and reused automatically for multiple rough and finishing operations.
Our patented Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR) automatically recognizes over 20 types of prismatic features in native format or neutral file format solid models. This capability is ably complemented by Interactive Feature Recognition (IFR) for recognizing complex multi-surface features, as well as contains and avoids areas, quickly and easily.
Overview of CAMWorks for Solid Edge 2020 Features
- Maintain associativity between the design model and the toolpaths ensuring that the latest changes in the design reflect in the toolpath
- Eliminate time-consuming file transfers using standard file formats such as IGES and STEP
- Use a single file for storing CAD and CAM data drastically reducing file management
- Work with the same familiar user-interface ensuring a short learning curve
- Use the CAMWorks machining tree and commands at the click of a button and generate toolpaths without leaving the design environment
- CAMWorks provides users with the ability to work with multiple platforms including its own integrated CAD/CAM platform
Technical Details and System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 /Windows 7
- Processor: Multi core Intel Series or above, Xeon or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 4GB or more recommended